Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This Is...A New Blog!




Indeed it is.

Today was a beautiful day. Went to Square Records with Knick and Steph and bought four vinyls for $20.75.

The first one is This is Johnny Cash released in 1969 on Harmony, a division of Columbia. Some really good Cash and an awesome cover of Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right".

The next one and the only new record I bought was Against Me!'s 2005 Fat Wreck Chords release Searching for a Former Clarity. An awesome two disc set with one vinyl being black and one vinyl being white. Needless to say great album.

Up next is Simon and Garfunkel's Bookends, which begs for an Almost Famous quote. Good buy, it was only $3.00.

Track 3, side one...Finally, Van Halen's sophomore release from 1984 it's...1984! This cd was the first rock n' roll cd I bought that I had to hide from my mother. Now I have the vinyl and can listen to all my favorite tunes tinted with that rich, vinyl flavor.

That's all for now, more to come.

Folk the government!

No comments: