Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boycott Beijing!

And I mean it too. Nothing should stand in the way of human rights. Granted, the United States has many of it's own human rights issues to straighten out (did someone say Guantanamo Bay?) but boycotting the Beijing Olympics would at the very least be a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, there is too much Olympic fever to stop that train now, so the only thing that each one of you can do is ignore the Olympic Games like they aren't even happening. Paste magazine had a special Olympic advertisment with some bands recalling their "favorite" Olympic moments. It wasn't too bad until at the end I saw 3 Doors Down staring back at me. I guess if you were a washup band with no talent and depending solely on if the mainstream will swallow you back up for your livelihood you could ignore human rights too, right? I guess some people will do anything for fame, money, etc., etc., etc.,...

Visit boycottbeijing08.org.

No comments: