Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh vinyl, how I love thee!

Good finds while record shopping today.


The first to grab my eye was The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan by...well you know. The spine is cracked and there is some other cover wear but the record seems to listen just fine. Some of my favorite Dylan songs are on this record such as A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall, Girl From the North Country, and Don't Think Twice, It's All Right. Score! (Upon further listening Don't Think Twice, It's All Right has some scratches in it which make the song skip and subsequently make me look like an idiot when I'm singing along, but the sheer awesomeness of the song make it okay.)


The next would be Street Legal by Bobby again. This record is mediocre as far as Dylan goes but the opening track, Changing of the Guards, will forever remind me of Luis Morales, 823 Turner Ave., among other things.

The next record I bought was Slowhand by Eric Clapton. It's a timeless album, and one of his first after separating from Derek & the Dominoes I believe. And it was only a dollar!

The only new album I bought was I'm Wide Awake It's Morning by Bright Eyes. It came with a free mp3 download, which is one reason why I have so many new LPs. There are so many I want to get still! Anyways, this album is great, continuing my as-of-late Bright Eyes kick.

I successfully managed to not make brownies tonight, but it isn't my fault. The oven wouldn't heat up. But when it does, those are going to be some delicious brownies! I also succesfully rode my bike to the store today without half killing myself and succesfully paid off one of my credit cards today. Sounds like it was a succesful day, huh?

1 comment:

sneary said...

oh how i miss being in ohio and record shopping with you. that may be one of my top reasons if i ever move back to ohio.
"steph why did you move back?"
"i wanted to buy records with wally wally wallis."